cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Airprint to a PIXMA TS6020 after an upgrade to iOS 17

JordanM
Apprentice

I have a Pixma TS6020 printer and after my wife and I upgraded our phones to iOS 17 we can no longer Airprint. We send things to print and it just doesn't do anything. Printing from laptops works fine. I have seen others mention firmware updates but mine is updated to the latest version (2.040). Any suggestions on where to go from here

1 REPLY 1

Jyoav
Apprentice

Since Apple updated iOS to 17.1 and 17.2 and now 17.2.1 my Pixma G7000 has stopped showing up as an Airprinter- everything else works just fine, I tried solving this problem via chat but we couldn’t get it to work.  My phone sees the printer when we used a browser to the IP Address.

I have read that Apple changed or plugged a security leak in the Bonjour program and some printer firmware hasn’t caught up with that change.  I think that is what is happening for me.  I tried seeing if there was a firmware update but the printer says that it has the most up to date firmware.

I would really appreciate a response on this, when will new firmware be available?  I am sure I am not the only one, others have had the same problem, I see posts on the apple community support groups for Canon printers.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements