cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8320 won’t connect to wifi network

Bev2
Contributor

The printer direct connects to my phone. However, neither my MacBook nor my iMac can find it. The printer won’t connect to my wireless network.

The Wi-Fi setting list says:

Connection   Enabled (disconnected). 

Then it gives a Network name (SSID), Frequency 2.4GHz, WiFi security Disable, Signal strength 0, several lines with no data, then gives a MAC address, a Printer name, and a Bonjour service name. 

I have unplugged the printer. I have reset all the settings to factory default, I have moved the printer next to the router. I have restarted both computers. Both are Apples running OSMonterey 12.2.1. 

The printer was connected and working fine until I had an Apple technician (it went to the Genius Bar) reformat my hard drive to get rid of some remote viewing software my ex-husband had surreptitiously installed.

Since getting my computer back, I have had this problem. 

Please help! I have documents I need to scan and email to the government.

Thanks so much! 

11 REPLIES 11

irishpadres
Apprentice

That's strange. I'm having the same issue. No changes to my network and the printer has been running fine for over a year. It just all of sudden can't connect to my network.

irishpadres
Apprentice

@bev2, what is the brand of your wifi network device. I'm using an Eero. I'm wondering if there is some commonality there.

Hi @irishpadres. My wifi is through AT&T. I tried manually connecting. Had to go to the ATT website to find my Mac No. then it didn’t match any of the options offered on my printer. I tried a couple of the options offered and one finally worked. The scanner wouldn’t work with my iMac either, after the last iOS upgrade to Monterey 12.1.2. Had to go to Hamrick and pay $20 to download a driver. Better than buying a new printer, especially since I have almost 3 full boxes of toner cartridges. Best of luck! 

litewaight
Apprentice

I've been having the same issue.  I have to unplug my router to get it to work.  If I try to update my firmware, it gets kicked off the wifi

litewaight
Apprentice

I have Spectrum Wifi 6.

I wish I could help. This is how I fixed my problem. 

“My wifi is through AT&T. I tried manually connecting. Had to go to the ATT website to find my Mac No. then it didn’t match any of the options offered on my printer. I tried a couple of the options offered and one finally worked. The scanner wouldn’t work with my iMac either, after the last iOS upgrade to Monterey 12.1.2. Had to go to Hamrick and pay $20 to download a driver. Better than buying a new printer, especially since I have almost 3 full boxes of toner cartridges. Best of luck!”

so far, I haven’t had the problem again. That said, the one year subscription to the Hamrick driver software for scanning is almost up. I will probably purchase a new printer. And this time I will do even more research before purchasing. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The TS8320 is one of the few Canon printers which supports both 2.4/5Ghz networks.

It does not support WPA-3 encryption.  Newer Ero wifi mesh systems come with WPA3 enabled by default. 

Drivers for MAC or Windows can be downloaded here:

Canon Support for PIXMA TS8320 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Here are some specifics on its Wi-Fi support.

Supported Standards: IEEE802.11n / IEEE802.11g / IEEE802.11b /
IEEE802.11a
Frequency bandwidth: 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
Channel:
2.4 GHz: 1-11 or 1-13
5 GHz: W52, W53, W56, W58
* Wireless Direct cannot be used in the 5GHz band.
* Frequency bandwidth and available channels differ depending on country or
region.
Communication distance: Indoors 164 feet/50 m
* Effective range varies depending on the installation environment and location.
Security:
WEP (64/128 bits)
WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES)
WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)
Setup:
WPS (Push button configuration/PIN code method)
Easy wireless connect 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick. While I understand the words in your reply, and recognize that they’re in sentences, you might as well be speaking another language. 
I’ll be talking to my computer tech guy before buying a new printer. I miss the days when I could buy a printer, plug it in, download the driver and it would work. 

Basically, what he's saying is home WiFi today speaks 2 languages "2.5g" and "5g" (it's not the same as your cell phone). Most printers can only speak 2.5g. Your printer can actually speak both. Some home WiFi systems try to make things faster by only speaking 5g. This sometimes hurts because everything doesn't speak 5g. The really good news is your printer can speak both languages, but if your WiFi is using a very new kind of encryption (that's how it scrambles your WiFi), your printer won't be able to understand it.

NOW, since your printer is having issues talking to your WiFi, the easiest thing to do is start from scratch. Make sure your printer is only plugged into the power - no USB, no network cable, and on your computer, go to HTTP://canon.us/ijstart and follow the prompts to re-download the software. It should walk you through re-setting up the printer from scratch, and it should put the printer on your WiFi for you! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements