cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 will not connect over LAN, even putting in IP address

jeimuzu22
Apprentice

Hello all!

I've just bought a new TR8520 printer, but my laptop refuses to recognize it even though they're both connected to the same network. I've even tried setting it up using its IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in the Canon setup utility. I copy the addresses exactly from the network information screen on the printer, but my computer can't find them. I've disabled both the Windows Defender firewall and that of my security software (Kaspersky), so that can't be the problem.

I can connect it over USB and set it up like that no problem, but I really need it to be wireless.

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS13, and I'm located in the United States.

I'm getting really infuriated at the various manuals, startup guides and wizards referring back to each other while none of them actually give any hint at what to do when things don't happen how they assume. Any help anyone can give will be really appreciated, I'm at the end of my tether here.

Best,

Jem

2 REPLIES 2

jeimuzu22
Apprentice

Excuse the double-post but I just wanted to clarify that I can print from my phone fine, and others in my house can print to the TR8520 from their devices, so the printer itself is fine - it's really just a question of getting my laptop to "see" the printer. I don't know if that means I'm posting in the wrong place, but I thought it was worth asking here.

Hi jeimuzu22,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements