cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static ip for MF753

cyberwasp
Enthusiast

I recently bought an MF753cdw laser printer. When I'm not using it, I turn it off. Sometimes when I turn it on, I have to go to the printer and find the IP. I read you can set a static ip but saw in a few forums post that it changes from time to time.  Since I don't print much, I thought of sharing it with my neighbor over the net if possible. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Looking good.  One last thing to check.  

Right-click on printer > Printer Properties > Ports Tab

If the printer is added as an IP printer.  Its IP will appear with the check mark.  Yours will be the IP you assigned.  

shadowsports_1-1689637525108.png

Good work!  Have a beer.  You earned it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Yes, it is. I'd like to buy you a beer. Thank you!!

That properties area is good to know. looks like I can set a paper type to use in the multipurpose tray!

Before coming to this forum I looked on Facebook and they have a support page with 869 people following, yet you can't post questions that other users may know the answers to only messages to canon. Maybe someone from here might be interested in starting their own FB canon user forum. Hint!!

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, cyberwasp!

So that this post could be more helpful to future readers, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  Your subject line references the imageCLASS MF753Cdw while the body of your post references the imageCLASS MF653Cdw.  Could you please confirm which one you've got?

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry, I just noticed the typo. My printer is the Canon ImageCLASS MF753Cdw. If it lets me, I'll edit it.

Announcements