cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan documents

avera754
Apprentice

I cannot use my Cannon Printer for scanning. Model MF753cdw. Message cannot configure on Remote UI

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please give us some history on the printer.  Was it recently installed?

Can you describe the set up process you performed?

What is the printer connected to and how?

What operating system version and build are you using the printer with?

Did you install drivers, if so which ones?

Are you trying to scan from a computer, or the printers control panel?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

avera754
Apprentice

I’m scanning to send it to my email. It says Is not configured on remote UI

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I understand now.  Like a mobile device, cell phone or computer, your printer requires mail configuration and set up in order to send mail.

The printer is compatible with most email providers.  Gmail, Yahoo, Comcast, M365, etc.  What you will need:

Sending server address

Username

Password

Port number

Security method, encryption if required.

Here is an example:

GMAIL

Sending server: smtp.gmail.com

Username: typically your email address

Password: your account password

Port: 465, 587, 25, or 110 are typical

Encryption:  SSL, TLS, etc

Note.  If you use Gmail or M365, you will need to create an App password.  All of these settings are input in the printer's Remote UI.  All printers that have the ability to send documents or images via email work this way.  

If you tell me the mail provider you plan to use, I'll help you with the settings.  I am using Gmail on my devices MF644 / MF656 and it works well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements