cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving DVD labels in Easy-PhotoPrint

dandy
Contributor

Just purchased TAS702 to print on printable DVD's. I have created a label in Easy-PhotoPrint Editor but am having trouble saving it. When I click save it says it is saving it but does not let me name the file and does not say where it is saving it. How do I know where to go to open the file later?

BTW, creating the label was fairly intuitive with Easy-PhotoPrint. Tried to use Photoshop, but it is way over my abilities.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mlongbow65
Apprentice

Hi Dandy,

I'm a new contributor just like you and I have the same problem.  I think Easy Photo Print Editor doesn't save the labels as discreet files, which is what you're looking for, and I am also.  Instead, if you click "Save" on one of the labels you've made, then go to the Home Screen for Easy Photo Print Editor, then click on "Your Items" on the top horizontal bar, you should see the label you created and saved (important to note that you saved it).  You will have to either create a new label or choose Copy & Edit when you open a previously saved label, to make sure that you don't overwrite an label that you created.

This system is a pain in the neck.  Epson's system is much easier to use, allowing you to create your own templates and store them as files.  Then open them and save them under a new name.  I need to do this for my backups and creating and storing hundreds of labels of the next few years and searching for them in Easy Photo Print Editor will be a pain in the neck.

Anyway, I hope this helps and hopefully Canon will change how they do this for all of us.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Stephen

Hello

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)? Canon USA does not make or support a "TAS702."
Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue
If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

The printer is TS702.

Win 10.

WiFi connection

There are no ERRORS. I think the problem is me understanding how this software program, "Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor", works.

Moderator Stephen, appreciate your quick initial response. Do you have any ideas about my "saving" problem or who should I contact for help?

Hi, dandy!

Thanks for the information. This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Dandy,

I've sort of found the answer but it may or may not be saveable as a file; I'm going to try it out when I get a chance.  Try the following in Windows 10:

1.  Open up Windows Explorer

2.  Make sure the check mark is in the box to view "Hidden items"

3.  Assuming that Easy Photo Print Editor was installed to the default location (I don't think it's possible not to), navigate to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Canon\Easy-PhotoPrint Editor\WorkData" where "USERNAME" is your Windows log in (local or Microsoft account)

4.  You should see folders with random character names.  If you've saved any labels as I've describe before, you should be able to open one of these folders and then open the "thumbnails" folder and click on the "WorkPage001.jpg" and see one of your saved labels.

Again, I'm not sure if they're transferable or can be saved:  I have to test this out later, but I hope this helps.

Evidently it did not install to the location you specified. I can't even find Easy-PhotoPrintEditor when I search the entire C drive. Why would anyone build an App that won't SAVE in the normal manner?

Hi Dandy,

Did you click the box in Windows Explorer so that you can view "Hidden items"?  In Windows, this path "hidden" by default.

mlongbow65
Apprentice

Hi Dandy,

I'm a new contributor just like you and I have the same problem.  I think Easy Photo Print Editor doesn't save the labels as discreet files, which is what you're looking for, and I am also.  Instead, if you click "Save" on one of the labels you've made, then go to the Home Screen for Easy Photo Print Editor, then click on "Your Items" on the top horizontal bar, you should see the label you created and saved (important to note that you saved it).  You will have to either create a new label or choose Copy & Edit when you open a previously saved label, to make sure that you don't overwrite an label that you created.

This system is a pain in the neck.  Epson's system is much easier to use, allowing you to create your own templates and store them as files.  Then open them and save them under a new name.  I need to do this for my backups and creating and storing hundreds of labels of the next few years and searching for them in Easy Photo Print Editor will be a pain in the neck.

Anyway, I hope this helps and hopefully Canon will change how they do this for all of us.

Thanks, that does work, although not quite what I would expect. Guess it will have to do till something better comes along.

I use the same template each week with some modifications (Church DVD). Want to keep each weeks incase need to burn more DVD's later. Gonna be a lot of thumbnails over time to keep up with. I guess they will be in chronological order?

Announcements