cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MG5220 does not print

applemya
Apprentice
hello. i am also having an issue with mg5220. its not showing up on any of my devices to connect so i can print paperwork. the printer is on and i connect the printer to the same network as my laptop toshiba and my iphone. and the printer cannot be found. i dont know what else to do
1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi applemya,

The first step is to check is the MG5220's network information [Printing the MG5220's network settings].  If it's connected by wifi, ensure the SSID matches your network's name, and the signal strength is at least at 70%.  If the printer is not on the network, perform the wireless setup again.  If the signal strength is below 70%, move the printer closer to the router (no closer than ~ 2 ft) and/or minimize obstructions between the two.

Once you've ensured the printer is on the network with sufficient strength, ensure the laptop and iPhone are allowed by the router and their respective firewalls/antiviruses to communicate with the printer.  Open a web browser on the computer/phone and enter the printer's IPv4 IP address (from the ntework settings sheet) in the address bar (at the top of the browser).  The IP address should be entered with no spaces, only numbers and periods (examples: "192.168.1.16" or "10.15.0.38").  If the network is allowing the communication, this will bring up a gray page with the printer's signal strength and link quality.

If the printer's page does not load, then the router or your antivirus/firewall are preventing the printer from communication.  Refer to the router's or security software's support for help changing the settings to permit the printer and computers to communicate.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements