cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Print and Layout issue: errors each time

MoonDoogas
Apprentice

Hi, I have had great success with the PP&L software for a while without any hassles. Recently, have had nothing but Error on sending the files through. I can print direct from Photoshop to the printer so comms (WiFi) works, just the PP&L software spacks out and refuses to cooperate. Have re-installed etc etc but the software is now useless. An suggestions appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What exact model printer are you using (usually on the top or front of the unit)?
Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

MoonDoogas
Apprentice

hi,

Printer: pro-1000

Wifi (works direct from Photoshop but not via the Canon software "Professional Print & Layout")

The Printer doesn't have any Error message, the software (on the Mac) does.

It used to print direct, nothing changed in OS and software, it just stopped sending to the printer.

Make sure the correct printer is selected. Check the drop-down on the right side at the top of the screen. You may need to add your printer. It seems it gets dropped. also if you are printing wireless, the usb printer may be selected. Hope this helps.

elisacicinelli
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. P1000 printer on M1 mac. 

jforkner
Apprentice

Same problem with Pro-300 and M1 iMac (Big Sur), running as standalone.  Worked a week ago.  Now when I send file from PP&L to printer I immediately get an error message in Print Queue Window telling me to check printer's operation panel or Remote UI.  Nothing on either to indicate what error is.  Prints fine from Photoshop v. 23.5.0. and printer maintenance printouts.

Also won't load as plugin in PS.  Previous guidelines indicate to run with Rosetta on M1.  Nothing else requires Rosetta.  Get with it and update/fix your software!

Bergmeester
Apprentice

I have the same problem with my PRO-300. Anyone a suggestion?

jforkner
Apprentice

I discovered the printer arbitrarily changed its IP Address (the last octet only) and no longer matched what the computer had stored.  I installed another Pro-300 printer in the computer using the new IP Address, and everything worked fine again.  I have no idea why the address changed.  I recently had this happen again with the IP Address changing following a PS update.  The address in the computer remained the same as the previous change, but the address in the printer was different.  I have no idea the cause; only the fix.

Tanks, problem solved!!

Announcements