cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer software/drivers. Switching from MG5220 to TS6420a

parmour
Contributor

Should I delete all of my printer software/drivers/photo/Navigator features before installing a new printer on my laptop. They are both Canon. The old one is my favorite printer MG5220 and the new one is a TS6420a.

Thanks,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Hi, parmour!

The answer to this will depend on if your old printer is still operational and going to be used. If not, there's no reason to keep those things you've mentioned. If the MG5220 IS still operational, keep the old software or the old printer won't work without re-installing it. The new drivers and software for your new printer can co-exist on your computer, but you will need to make sure you are selecting the correct printer when printing.

We hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mike

Hi, parmour!

The answer to this will depend on if your old printer is still operational and going to be used. If not, there's no reason to keep those things you've mentioned. If the MG5220 IS still operational, keep the old software or the old printer won't work without re-installing it. The new drivers and software for your new printer can co-exist on your computer, but you will need to make sure you are selecting the correct printer when printing.

We hope this helps! 

Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Will you continue to use the old printer?  If not, then I would remove the old drivers and software.  There is no need to keep them.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. The old printer does not work anymore.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements