cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP110 printer

anita519
Apprentice

My iP110 has lost it's ip address, evidently.  I have downloaded all new updated drivers, etc. and while everything sets up correctly, when I try to print, I get a message that my Mac cannot find the printer.  I have searched, and am unable to find the IP address for the printer to enter it manually.  After 10 tries, I cannot get it to load automatically.  I have tried using WiFi, LAN, and now have a USB cable connected.  Nothing seems to work.  Sigh.  Help, please?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi anita519,

To determine if your PIXMA iP110 has an IP address assigned to it, please load paper in your printer and turn  your printer on.  Next, please hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button on your iP110 and let it go when the POWER lamp flashes 6 times.  A page will print with network information.

4 lines from the top is SSID.  That is the name of the wireless network that your PIXMA iP110 is connected to.

6 lines below that is Signal Strength.  That shows how strong the connection is between your printer and router.

Lastly, 2 lines below that is IPv4 address.  That is the IP address that your router has assigned to your printer.  If your IPv4 address start with 169.254, please turn your printer off.  Next, unplug your router.  Wait 30 seconds and reconnect the power cord to your router.  Once your router is back online, turn your printer back on.  That will resolve this issue.

If your PIXMA iP110 is not connected to the correct network (SSID) or the SSID line is empty, your PIXMA iP110 is not connected, that is why you are unable to print.

You can use the steps on this page to set up your PIXMA iP110 for wireless use:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART165743

If the SSID is correct, the signal strength is above 60% and the IPv4 address is listed correctly, please follow these steps to add your printer to your Mac:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click the [+] on the bottom left.

5.  In the Add Printer window, click the middle icon at the top.

6.  In the Address box, type in your PIXMA iP110's IPv4 address.

7.  In the Protocol box, choose AirPrint from the drop down list.

8.  Click Add at the bottom.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements