cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8620 Airprint

Moxie1
Apprentice

Just got a new Canon printer TR8620 apparently everything is Airprint since my last Canon printer and could use print drivers.

I did try to remove and re add my printer under System Preferences but the only options are "Secure Airprint" and "Airprint." I tried both and my printer still isn't added in printer profile. What should I do? I did call Canon

I still see some old printer profiles choices when I go to print from my Phototshop print dialog but is AirPrint overriding those choices? So using Photoshop I can only use AirPrint and no longer have Drivers or ICC choices?

Others say printing will not be as good using AirPrint

There are no longer any printer profiles or print drivers available for this new machine

This is message when i go to Canon site for my printer and driver

"There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

Im using OS El Capitian

Susan

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Moxie1,

The driver that the PIXMA TR8620 uses with the Mac operating system is Airprint.  That is the Mac's built in printing system.  Separate drivers are not available.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements