cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 922 - Both USB and Wireless?

air1keh
Apprentice

I have the 922 attached to my computer via the USB cable. Works great. I have an iPad and want to be able to use the wireless printing feature. Does anyone know - can I enable the wireless features without disconnecting the USB cable? Not sure if the printer uses the same or different drivers or if I would generate a conflict by doing so. 

Thanks in advance for ant responses.

10 REPLIES 10

Crista
Whiz

Hi air1keh!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what camera and operating system (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks!

I would like to connect an iPad with my MX922 wirelessly while I have my desktop running Windows 8.1 connected to the USB cable.

Hello air1keh,

The printer can be connect to your desktop via USB and wireless to your iPad at the same time. Follow the steps below to setup the printer wirelessly:

1. Press the MENU button.    

2. Select WLAN Setup, then use the OK button to confirm the selection.

3. Select  Standard Setup, then use the OK button to confirm the selection.

4. Select your access point name, then press the OK button.

5. You will see either "Enter WEP key" or "Enter passphrase".  Press OK to enter your network key using the numeric buttons, then press the Done button (Function button under the LCD) .  Use the Aa1 button to switch character entry modes.  Enter upper and lower case letters of the alphabet correctly.

6. Make sure the network key is correct, then press the End setup button.

7. When you see "Connected to Access Point", press the OK button.  If you see "Failed to Connect to Access Point", press the OK button, make sure the network key is correct, then enter it again.

8. Press COPY to return to the standby screen.

Your printer is now setup to communicate wirelessly across your network. For AirPrint help, visit our wireless help page: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_prin... .

Click on the [+] next to Apple AirPrint to get more information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Ebony;

Will this procedure work with XP as well?

Thank you,

Hello,

I am having this same problem connecting wirelessly. The printer works fine while connected via USB. That said, my computer and phone don't find the computer. I've taken all the steps listed below (Standard Setup) to connect  my printer to the network. The printer itself tells me that it's 'Connected to the Access Point.' But for reason or another, the printer doesn't seem to walk to talk to anything wirelessly.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi arlinelee,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MX922 on.

2.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

3.  Select Setup (the wrench and screwdriver icon) and press OK.

4.  Select Device Settings and press OK.

5.  Use the up or down arrows to select LAN settings and press OK.

6.  Use the up or down arrows to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK.

7.  Use the up or down arrows to select Print LAN details and press OK.

8.  Use the up or down arrows to select Yes and press OK.

Your PIXMA MX922 will start to print the network setting information.

On the page that prints, please circle the SSID and the IPv4 IP Address.

On your computer, please open your network settings.  You will see the name of the network that your computer is connected to.  Does that name match the name listed to the right of SSID on the page that you printed?

If so, please open a web browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.  In the address bar, please type the IPv4 address that printed on that page and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.  For example, if the IPv4 address that printed was 192.168.0.23, please enter 192.168.0.23 in the address bar and press Enter/Return.

Did the MX922's remote user interface appear?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

larrykueneman
Apprentice

My wife has a Canon MX922 printer. Our online signal strength is so weak we need a cable to go from her computer to her printer, and that is a problem. I realize we live in a different world from when I worked 35 years as a technical writer, but I must confess the manual (that does not come with the printer) is a genuine piece of crap. Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm today.

Hi larrykueneman,

To try and resolve the signal strength issue being experienced, we will want to ensure that the printer has proper wireless communication occurring.  Please ensure that the printer is located within 50 meters of the access point, and that there are no obstructions or sources of radio wave interference (such as microwaves, cordless phones, etc.) that may inhibit wireless connectivity close to the printer or wireless access point.  

Should you still experience difficulty once the above items have been verified, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

arlinelee
Apprentice
Hi Patrick-
Thanks for the steps. So the SSID is the same as the network my computer is logged into. When I enter the IPv4 IP Address into my browser though, I get an error page.
Announcements