cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6620 scanner error code

KG6
Apprentice
I have a new MacBook Pro with Max OS Big Sur Version 11.3.1. My printer/scanner is a Canon PIXMA MG6620. The printer shows up in my list of printers in System Preferences "Printer & Scanners" and I can print from my Mac to the printer. I've got the printer set up and working. However, the same device is also a scanner, but it does not let me scan at all. I have set up the Canon IJ Scan Utility 2 but I keep getting an error message that says “A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again. Code 15,230,0

My scanner is on, but I don't have the computer attached to it with a cable. I want to wirelessly scan (just like I can print).

Is there a way I can get the wireless scanning set up? Any ideas? Or must I hook up with a cable (which I would have to buy an adaptor for etc.)?

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

KG6
Apprentice
Anyone??

Hi, KG6!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi KG6,

Please click on the Desktop 1 time so that "Finder" appears in the upper left corner.

To the right of Finder, click on GO and then click on Applications.

In the Applications folder, click on and open Image Capture.

Once Image Capture is open, please attempt to scan.

If you are unable to scan, what error code appears?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Patrick wrote:

Hi KG6,

Please click on the Desktop 1 time so that "Finder" appears in the upper left corner.

To the right of Finder, click on GO and then click on Applications.

In the Applications folder, click on and open Image Capture.

Once Image Capture is open, please attempt to scan.

If you are unable to scan, what error code appears?

So its not displaying any scanners or devices even after I turned on my printer. No error codes either. HELP

Announcements