cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2922

ClearestClarity
Apprentice

Ok, so I'm the most recent in a long line of people who felt scammed after purchasing this product. When I got home, I was wuick to realize that I wasn't given the ink cartridge the box named. Canon was quick to ship out a new pair, so they solved that problem immediately, however I inserted the ink cartridge to deal with a whole new mess of problems. The MG2922's main selling point was its ability to print from the cloud, as well as its direct connection to a router so that I could print on-the-go. The box had all of this plastered all over it, and I was excited to try it out. And I don't think I ever can. The app that the QR code on the box directed me to NEVER EXISTED, the QR simply leads to a placeholder page for a Pixma app that doesn't exist. Online, everyone told me that now you use Canon's new Selphy app, so I downloaded it. My phone connected, and I'm able to print directly from my phone, if in the same room, but features like Cloud and Wi-Fi printing are sealed off with a Canon acct. A Canon account can't be MADE with a MG2922, because the MG2922 doesn't come with a registration key (no, it's not that I didn't find it. The page where you sign up lists the printers that come with registration codes, and the MG2922 simply isn't on the list). Same result is had trying to use the printer hooked up to the computer; documents can be scanned or printed directly, but cloud features are sealed off by the same front. This means that I can pretty much only use the printer in the same room, meaning the extra money paid for all these wireless features was wasted, on top of me waiting for 4 days to get the ink that was supposed to come with my printer in the first place. Canon customer support acted like I hadn't said anything about these problems, and only kept addressing the ink. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in another product my entire life. If Canon doesn't fix support for my printer, they're getting a BBB complaint, and I swear to do my hardest to class-action this mess. Put out new printers, unsupported, and when they don't sell, make a new model? Not anymore.

15 REPLIES 15

Kat3649
Apprentice

So angry right now. Same story, except I did get my ink. However there is NO registration key/number available for this printer. If Canon can't tell me how to fix this tomorrow, then I will be returning it and buying the Dell that will actually print wirelessly and by using the cloud.  Really disappointed in Canon right now.

Hi, Kat3649!

Thanks for posting on our forum! We can certainly understand your frustration. 

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Kat3649,

What operating system are you using, Windows or Mac?

What version of Windows or Mac OS X are you using?

If this is something that must be resolved quickly, it is recommended that you call us. There is NO charge for this call.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dolphinlover225
Apprentice
My iPhone never connected to my Canon either come to find out apple products won't connect to anything but apple I now have a Android and it connected with no problem at all

inkedkid
Apprentice

Hello.I have just purchased the Canon pixma and so far I am extremely disappointed. I bought this to print coupons off of my phone. The only problem is that the coupon app and the web browser can't find the printer. I've tried everything and nothing works. Right now, I'm looking at returning it. I am trying to print from an iPhone6. It works fine with my printer and from the canon print app. Can anyone help?

merrymary247
Rising Star
@inkedkid the mg2922 doesn't have AirPrint- that's what lets you print from the web browser and other apps on an iPhone. You could take a screenshot of the coupon you want to print, then go to the Canon print app and print it from there though.
Announcements