cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G7020 Won't connect over wireless

bombri
Apprentice

Hi, I am trying to connect my laptop to my new 7020 over wireless and am thus far without luck. I have tried the following things

1. The easy setup/pairing fails

2. I then tried using the setup utility searching for the printer and it can't find the printer

3. I then manually got the printer on the network by performing the manual setup connecting to my network and providing router password etc...

4. The PC and canon software still can't find the printer on the network

5. I then tried using the setup utility on this page https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTA/pta_guide.html?lng=en&type=app-gd2&app=nwds - but still without any luck

6. I also tried turning off my windows defender firewall to see if the PC could then find the print

Any ideas for me?

Thanks much,

BB

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bombri,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bombri
Apprentice
Thanks, I ended up returning the printer

Smart move. They won't let me return mine. This printer is a lemon, and Canon support has got to be kidding with that "just call us mmmmkay' response. 

smittycdm
Apprentice

I have this problem too. Both with a PC and two Apple products. What gives? Do I have to return the printer?

BJFOakland
Apprentice

This printer is a nightmare! 😞 I've had it for less than two years. Color printing has completely failed. Now it won't stay connected to WIFI for more than a few minutes before failing. Totally avoid this printer! 

More points deducted for the perfectly useless support reply. If we wanted to call and deal with telephone support, would we be posting on a forum? I can never believe it when companies respond to email and forum based problems with, "Just call us, so that we can maybe give you a solution that won't be shared with others." 

TWO THUMBS DOWN. 

Announcements