cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G5020 Wireless connect issue (using a Mac)

plumeria
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a MacBook, running macOS Mohave.  Originally I did have the printer connected wirelessly but recently my roommate took it upon himself to move and change the router.  I can connect everything else to the internet except the printer now.  I am really losing sleep because I have some prints due for work, and cannot get them...

I have tried all the youtube videos, and they didn't work.  Do you have any ideas?  

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi plumeria,

Please try the "manual connection" method to connect your PIXMA G5020 to your wireless network.  To do this, please follow the steps in the article below:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART174795

If that fails, please verify that you are entering your password in correctly.

Some routers will not allow for this type of connection.  In this case, please use the WPS (PIN Code) method.  The steps to perform this are outlined here:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART176531

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I too am having this problem, but I am running Mac OS Monterey. I tried using the manual setup, but when I select my network, it doesn't even give me a prompt to input my WiFi password, which is password protected. Could it be my network?

Hi MisterRyan07,

Because you are not prompted to input your password, it would appear that your router does not support this.  Please use the WPS Push button or WPS PIN code method to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi.

PIXMA G5020 - WPS (Pin Code) method 

PIXMA G5020 - WPS (Push button) method 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

morriss1
Contributor

Just try to use a usb cable to your apple computer and then download the software again.  You may need the canon connection tool.  Then go to the printer preferences and choose a new printer while you have the usb connected and after using the canon tool, then choose the canon software.  I had similar problems with canon not recognizing your software.  Just got an M1 and on the canyon driver and software page went to Lion software.  Downloaded all the drivers for my old Pixma 860 and it worked great.  Had to do that every time I got a new MacOS computer. also try going backward in operating systems until you find the drivers.  Good LUCK

Announcements