I've been struggling with this all day. I just bought the Pixma 8720, I don't have a disk Drive on my mac to download the software so I went online to get the Driver and Software.
Followed the instructions and I'm stuck. I went and bought a USB cable so it's now officially hardwired and works fine, But I can't get it to connect wirelessly. Everytime I go to setup I'll run through the installation no issue. I get the "setup disk" on my desktop I'll get the prompts then when it goes to look for the printer on wifi it glitches out and nothing else will pop up on my screen
I'm currently running Big Sur 11.4 on my Mac is this the issue? Is there a way to connect it wirelessly through a wired connection. I've tried to find youtube videos or anything to help me. Any information would be so helpful. Thank you so much in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Please use the Canon PRINT app to connect your PIXMA iP8720 to your wireless network.
You can install this app on a cell phone or tablet/iPad. Once this app is installed, please close the app and follow these steps:
1. Turn your iP8720 on. Hold down the Wi-Fi button and then let it go when the power light blinks 2 times. The Wi-Fi light will start to blink on your printer.
2. On your mobile device that you installed the app on, please return to the main screen.
3. At the main screen, if you are using iOS, tap Settings and then tap Wi-Fi.
If you are using an Android device, open Settings, tap Networks or Connections and then Wi-Fi.
4. In the list of Wi-Fi networks that appears, select the canon network.
5. Once your mobile device is connected to the canon network, open the Canon PRINT app that you just installed.
6. "Do you want to search" will appear, tap Yes.
7. Select your home wireless network name and enter your Wi-Fi password.
Your PIXMA iP8720 will connect your Wi-Fi network.
I'm having the same issue with my Pixma ip8720 printer. I recently got a new modem/router and have reset the network settings on the printer. I've connected the printer via USB, but have tried everything suggested anywhere that I've found info without success. This is the first thread I found using the iphone App and was very hopeful, but same result. Please provide some additional troubleshooting suggestions.