cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixa MG5720 will not stay connected to WIFI

betterjenn
Apprentice

I know this is an old printer, but it has been working fine until the last 2 weeks.  For some reason it will not stay connected to my wifi.  Everytime I go to print something whether it be from my Mac or my iphone, or anyones computer or phone for that matter, the devices will not find the printer.  I have tried unplugging it for awhile and then plugging it back in.  In order to get it to connect, I have to manually pick the network and then put in the passphrase each time.  Then it will connect but only for a few minutes.  I have tried various ways to connect to the network and enter the passphrase.  Nothing has changed with the wifi lately.  I have googled and just come up with things I have already done.  I searched the forums but could not find anything with this particular printer.  I am at a loss here.  Any suggestions??

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Things I would confirrm/change:

Use separate SSID names for 2.4Ghz/5Ghz networks on your wireless router (if dual or tri-band and using the same name for all broadcasts)

Assign the printer a static IP on your network.  Something that doesn't change.  Don't make it a "moving target" and leave things to chance.

After doing the above the printer should remain connected to the 2.4Ghz broadcast and and be discoverable by its static IP consistently.  This means you can PING it (from command prompt or terminal window), and/or open a browser and view its webserver by entering its IP address.  

If it fails to remain connected possible causes:

Too far from wireless broadcast

Hardware issue with printer or its radio

If other devices remain connected, that would again point to the printer.  The printer retains settings, even after power loss or failure, so you should not have to re-enter network settings over and over, even after power cycle or loss.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. I really think it is a printer problem now.  It will stay connected for a few jobs and then disconnect.  It is an older printer...maybe it needs an update?  I don't even know if that is a thing for a personal printer.  Right now I am just turning it on and off to get it to work.

Announcements