cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with printing to 2 TS6020 printers from my Pixel 4a

JoePortland
Apprentice

Hi. I have two TS6020 printers that are on my home's wifi network. One of the printers is on the main floor of my house and the other is in the basement. When I need to print a document from one of my desktop computers, I know which printer I am sending the job to, because I have labelled the printers as "Main Floor" and "Basement". I have done the same thing using my Chrome book.

After looking at several sources on the Internet (including Canon support) I have not been able to change the name of the printers or add a location to them when I am printing from my Pixel 4a phone. When I print from the phone I see 2 "Canon TS600" choices, but I don't know which prointer I'm sending the job to.

I tried using the Canon Remote UI procedures to change the printers' names but got the message "Cannot specify the printer name which exists on this network".

I would very much appreciate any help that would allow me to assign different names to the two TS6020 printers that are on my network so that I can print to a specific printer from my Pixel 4a phone.

Thank you very much for your help

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

I see you have gone into the Remote UI but get an error when trying to change the printer name. Please try one more time using the steps in this LINK.

If the same issue happens, please call us for free at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much for your help,ArthurJ. I really appreciate your efforts.

Unfortunately, this problem persists. Through other means, I have named my two Canon TS6020 printers so that I can see which printer I'm using when I print from my PC, my Chromebook and my wife's iPhone. There is no confusion when I print from those three device.

My problem occurs when I print from my Pixel 4a cell phone. It is only then when I cannot distinguish between my two printers. I have followed the steps listed in the link that you sent, but this problem persists.

I called Cannon a few weeeks ago, but was not allowed to speak with a representative becauseI was told that my printers are out of the warranty period.

Thank you again for your help.

Take care,

Joe

Announcements