cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620a: Downloadable Driver for Mac for USB cable printing?

elduderino
Apprentice

I'm trying to connect to my printer via USB and it won't work as I am unable to choose a canon driver. The add printer feature says "Software for this printer isn't available from Apple. Contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest software." 

When I go to the support page for the TR8620a, there is no available driver to download for my OS. (Monterey) 

Is there a way to download a driver so I can use the printer via usb?

I'm a new Canon user and it's been incredibly frustrating to use this new printer vs. the HP printers I've used for over two decades. Wanted to give Canon a try and I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse how much easier it is to set up and print on an HP printer compared to this.

I'm trying to use USB because wireless printing is rather slow even though I have 100% connection and my wireless speed is not slow. I have a HP printer connected wirelessly as well and it prints almost 2-3x faster and these are both similar class of inkjet printers.

Any help would be appreciated as I would love to think this Canon printer will be worth keeping. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The TR8620a's support portal has a download/installer for Monterey.

Canon Support for PIXMA TR8620a | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

TR8600 series Setup package (Mac)

You will have wanted to install the driver first before connecting the printer.  The driver will prompt you to connect the printer. I'd remove the Canon from the Printers & Scanners, applet.  (Use the (-) minus button.  Remove its software from the Applications folder, and restart  my MAC.  Run the installer and do not connect the new printer until prompted to do so.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the suggestion. I did initially follow the install directions per the manual and everything seemed to be fine, but I'll see if re-installing through the driver software first solves the US issue.

Announcements