cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 Won't Connect to T-Mobile Gateway Tower

Shae
Apprentice

Just got the Tmobile gateway tower and it won't connect to my TR8520. It bypasses the password option and just tells me it won't connect. 

I've reviewed everyone's post here and nothing has helped. It doesn't have a WPS so that's not an option. I've googled other things and it hasn't helped either. 

I'm also not very techie so I'm about to rage cry. Does anyone have other ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Let see if we can help.  The TR8520 has a 2.4Ghz radio.  It can only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless network.  Many newer T-Mo routers come preconfigured with 5G and their 2.4 Ghz broadcast disabled. 

Start by enabling or verifying its broadcasting a 2.4Ghz signal.  The printer supports WPA-2 encryption for security.  Giving the networks unique names can be helpful.  You can use whatever you like, example:

MyHouse5G

MyHouse24

This helps differentiate the networks and lets you direct or steer devices to the network ou want them to connect to.  After this type of hardware change, I would recommend removing the printer from your system, and uninstaling its driver.  Now reboot.  

Now visit your printers support portal:

Canon Support for PIXMA TR8520 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Choose your OS and download the applicable driver.  Run set up and perform the network connection again choosing your 2.4Ghz network and entering its password for security.  

Let us know if you run into any issues.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Benibiker
Contributor

I had the same problem after going to T-Mobile and finally found a solution.  In the printer user manual it says WPA/WPA2 encryption method on your router is not supported by this printer.  You'll have to go into your router as administrator and change the WPA version to just WPA2 if yours is set to WPA/WPA2 or WPA2/WPA3.  Go back and do the WAN setup on the printer again, find the router name, click OK, in the next step only one option is highlighted, it shows some address or something, click it and it will then ask for the password!  Enter it and you are good to go!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

The printer is backwards compatible with WPA as well 🙂. It depends on the device you're connecting to.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements