cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4540 software has disappeared off my laptop

BARBMULL
Apprentice

I have a Pixma TR4540 Canon Printer that I've used for years. Suddenly its program has disappeared off my laptop. Have tried downloading the driver & software off the Canon site but with no luck. Download is to Windows 11, which is compatible, but beyond downloading to my laptop the setup does not happen. I've checked in Settings > Apps > Advanced and it is on Anywhere.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm not sure what these statements mean.  

"but beyond downloading to my laptop the setup does not happen. I've checked in Settings > Apps > Advanced and it is on Anywhere.  "

You run the software and what does not happen?  

What is the purpose of Settings > Apps > Advanced?  This is a security feature that tells windows where it can download apps from.  Microsoft Store only, 3rd parties, etc.  

The TR4540 does not appear to be a Canon product intended for sale in the United States.  I see a listing for it in Canon North Africa.

PIXMA TR4540 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Central and North Africa (ca...

If you want to use an App for printing, the Canon Print App is available for: 

iOS:

Canon PRINT on the App Store (apple.com)

Android:

Canon PRINT - Apps on Google Play

Drivers are below.  This link includes the printer and scanner driver, windows11

https://en.canon-cna.com/support/consumer/products/printers/pixma/tr-series/pixma-tr4540.html?type=d...

This link includes the drivers and installable manual:

https://en.canon-cna.com/support/consumer/products/printers/pixma/tr-series/pixma-tr4540.html?type=d...

You only need one of these, not both.  

Here is a link for wireless set up help:

PIXMA TR4540 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Central and North Africa (ca...

Click FAQs and help.  Wireless Set Up.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick, thanks for your message.

I've been advised to download from the Europe Canon site. I download the driver & software link, it opens and asks for permission to make changes to my laptop system. Click yes....and then nothing helps beyond this. I've had Canon tech team, using AnyViewer, trying to install the download. No success. I've disabled my anti-virus in the event this is what is blocking the install. No success. Not sure why or how the Canon program uninstalled itself.

Announcements