cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 won't connect to wireless network -- how can I make it forget a network password?

simon_s
Contributor

Hi,

My wireless PIXMA MX922 will not connect to my wireless router.  The wireless network is working (other computers/phones are connected).  The wireless printer sees the network, but will not connect.  I tried the WPA method and it timed out.  If I try to manually connect it also seems to time out.  I wanted to make the printer forget all network settings (including the network password) so I can start over, but there seems to be no way to make the printer forget the password. 

I did go through the printer setup menu and did a Reset for All Settings, but it seems to remember the password because when I try to connect to the network it does not prompt me to enter a password, it directly tries to connect.

I turned on the hotspot on my phone, and the printer did prompt me for a password to connect to my phone.  But even after resetting all printer settings it will not prompt me for a password for my home wireless network, it just tries to connect without asking for a password, and then times out.  

How can I do a full reset of all printer settings so that I can reenter the network password?

Thanks!

- Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi simon_s,

Please make sure that WPS is enabled on your router:

1.  Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for
the router.

2.  Click on Advanced.

3.  Click on Wireless.

4.  Click on WPS.

Make sure that the WPS is active as in the image below.

Patrick_0-1652890449859.png

Scroll down the page, you will see this:

Patrick_1-1652890501093.png

Please follow the steps I provided previously, but this time, click the blue circle with "Start" instead of pressing the physical WPS button on your router.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

simon_s
Contributor

Sorry, adding that in addition to doing a reset of LAN settings and a reset of all settings, based on other support articles I did unplug the printer, unplugged the router, restarted the router, gave the printer a minute without power before plugging it back in.  That didn't fix things.

Hi simon_s,

Who is the manufacturer of your router?

What is the model number of your router?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It's a TP-Link router, model AX1800.  Thanks for reading and responding.

Hi simon_s,

Let's try the WPS connection method. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Use the down arrow to select the screwdriver and wrench icon (Setup) and press OK.

3.  Use the left arrow to select Device settings and press OK.

4.  Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK.

5.  Use the down arrow to select Wireless LAN setup and press OK.

6.  Use the down arrow to select WPS and press OK.

7.  Select Push button method and press OK.

8.  Press OK again.

9.  Press the WPS button on the back of your router for 1 second.  If you are no sure where this button is, please view the image below.

10.  Once the button is pressed on your router, press OK on your printer.

TPLink.jpg

The printer detects the WPS capable router, but it will not connect.  It times out after about 30 seconds.  I tried 3 or 4 times. Turned off both the router and the printer in between attempts.  It times out and does not connect.  Thank you for the reply.  

Hi simon_s,

Please make sure that WPS is enabled on your router:

1.  Visit http://tplinkwifi.net, and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for
the router.

2.  Click on Advanced.

3.  Click on Wireless.

4.  Click on WPS.

Make sure that the WPS is active as in the image below.

Patrick_0-1652890449859.png

Scroll down the page, you will see this:

Patrick_1-1652890501093.png

Please follow the steps I provided previously, but this time, click the blue circle with "Start" instead of pressing the physical WPS button on your router.

Using that Method 2 as described did work this time.  Thanks for your assistance.

TheresaJ7
Apprentice

Hi!

I'm having the same issue with the same printer, however I'm using a Gateway router. 

Any assistance provided will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Theresa

Announcements