cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX410 driver installation on new hard drive

reda6272
Contributor

Hello there; I have an old printer (MX410) that works just fine; since i installed a new hard drive, I cannot install my printer anymore because the driver is no longer available. Is there a way to do it, or I have to get a new one;

Thank you so much in advance.

Rida

16 REPLIES 16

I’m out of ideas. Maybe someone else is following and has some thoughts. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thank you for all the support; very much appreciated; Best

SeamusKenmare
Apprentice

I have similar problem.  New Dell laptop with W11, no accessible driver for my MX410 and Canon tells me my MX410 is "Retired" and not supported and offers to sell me a new one 'at a discount'.  I will take it (Canon MX410) to the trash.  Will replace with any product except from the Canon product line.  Any questions?

steedtrader
Apprentice

Agreed. I spent a lot of money (at the time) to get this MX410 that has auto feed, fax, scan, etc.  Still working fine.  I like that I can buy the ink locally right when needed..... BUT,,,, CANON NO LONGER SUPPORTS IT ????? Well, then neither do I.  I will buy a different brand this time.  It should be illegal.  Money maker for Canon.  But no more of my money.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MX410 is 13 years old.  It's probably safe to say that you don't keep your computer or mobile device for that long.  Canon is no different from other manufacturers. None of them make all of the parts they need to build and service their products.  When parts are no longer available. Canon can't repair things if they break. No manufacturer can   This is beyond their control.  This is why it's not reasonable to expect manufacturers to support their products indefinitely.  If you've had your printer for 10+ years, you've received. a good return on your investment.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Good Point Shadowsports.  It has been a good printer.  But we are just talking software... not parts.  I take good care of things so that they last longer.  My truck is 13 years old too.   Oil change every 3,000 miles.  I am not in position to buy another one (70 yrs old)  and if I did I could not afford auto feed options, etc.  I just don't like how companies have so much control... like cell phones changing things to control when they feel its time for you to buy another cord, or ear piece, etc.... Iam not the only person on here that is saying that the machine is working just fine....  why throw it in the landfill?

Canon provides drivers on the support site for Windows 10 and older and macOS Sierra and older. I didn’t see where you said what OS you had, but if it used to work and now it doesn’t did you choose an OS update newer than these?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements