cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Unable to connect to home Wi-Fi

Flancridd16
Apprentice

I'm at my Whits end with my new mg3620

I really need help. I have looked at so many videos and instruction manuals to connect my new mg3620 printer to my home wifi. I follow the canon installation guidelines. I first tried to connect it through the canon print app. It would search and search, many times making it to the place where I choose my wifi network name, I choose it then it DOESN'T  ask me for my password. It just spins and spins  and then it come up with a heading telling me to wait till my printer is pulled up and it never does. then I start over again/ I turn off the printer/I unplug it and I reboot my router. I then turn on the printer, I press the stop button, then hold the wifi button till the on lamp starts to flash. then I hit the color button once, then the wifi button. it is supposed to be in set up mode.  I find the canon name  on my wifi list I choose it,  Then open the print app. it searches and never finds it I gone over and over this and nothing seems to work, even WPS, HELP ME PLEASE!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Roy8929
Apprentice

Hello, I had the same problem, it drove me nuts, finally I found the solution for me at least. The Problem is that the printer only connect to 2.4Ghz and the password on your WIFI router has to be in WPA2 only, it doesn't accept WPA3. I have an Arris G34 Router, with the WIFI divided into 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, both of them with WPA2 and WPA3 Mixed, but I had to change the 2.4Ghz to only WPA2-PSK (AES), when you change the encryption make sure to change the password because otherwise it wont update the encryption change. After this I can keep my phone connected to the 5Ghz and print and scan with the app.  In Windows-11 I didn't use the Canon software, only the default Window-11 printing, For scanning I downloaded the windows Scan Software. I hope this help , if it does let me know. 

Screenshot_20240612_154455_SURFboard Central.jpgScreenshot_20240612_154557_SURFboard Central.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ctk98,

I've replied in your topic since this one has already been solved.

Canon PIXMA MG3620 not connecting - Canon Community

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements