cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2922 Setup Needs to Be Updated

davidg48
Apprentice

I'm using Mac OS 15. Somehow my printed got deleted from System Preferences. I have downloaded the driver, but when I click on setup, I get this error message: "'Setup' needs to be updated. The developer of this  app needs to update it to work with this version of macOX. Contact the developer for more information."

On the Canon website, if I click "Contact us," I get a messages that I'm forbidden access. I don't much want to buy a new printer, so how do I connect the one I've got so I can use it?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The last MacOS operating system the MG2922 was compatible with was OS12 Monterey. As a workaround, please click HERE and when the page opens, change the operating system listed to OS12. Once that is done, try downloading and installing the MG2900 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0, ICA Driver Ver. 5.0.0, and IJ Scan Utility2 Ver.2.4.0. After they are installed, go back and try to add the printer. 

Please be advised these are drivers for an older OS version and have not been tested with the newer MacOS. If the printer is still unable to be added, it would need to be replaced. 

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements