cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2520 PRINTER DRIVERS WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

JOEK1
Contributor

bought a Dell laptop, Windows 11 OS and have tried many times to download printer drivers for my Canon PIXMA MG 2520 printer.  download appears to go smoothly until Step 3 of the download (Printer Setup).  i get a prompt that says printer detected, please wait.  then processing installation please wait.  then printer not detected.  each time i have had solid connections between laptop and printer.  i have turned off my printer.  disconnected the printer cable from the laptop and started over.  with no success.  anyone offer an opinion on what is going on and how i can get the driver download completed?  i am particularly baffled by the prompts "printer detected", followed shortly after by "printer not detected".  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See if this helps.

Solved: Windows 11 will not upload my Pixma MG2522 - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John, I have called Canon several times and get the same automated message: my printer, purchased in 2017, is not eligible for tech support.

Does that mean it worked OK until you upgraded to W11?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

My old laptop died. Bought a new one and have been unable to print since that time. Have been trying to download the drivers for some time now.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See if this helps.

Solved: Windows 11 will not upload my Pixma MG2522 - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I am now up and running.  Never would have figured it out on my own.  Many thanks.  

Qka
Apprentice

I tried to download it on this blog it went well. this is the blog address: Canon PIXMA MG2520 Driver

or directly download on the canon website directly at: Canon Website

good luck

Good luck for the future

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements