cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G3400 Chromebook Connection

zurabg
Apprentice

I am no longer able to print to PIXMA G3400 from my Chromebook. My computer does not see the printer on WiFi and when connected by USB, it gives a message that printer needs to be configured, but I can not perform this either. Downloaded  Canon Print app - the one I use on my Android phone - but it won't launc. Any fix? Please?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am still using my cloud print capable devices with my Android phone.  These devices are network printers identified by their IP address. 

Set up your printer - Chromebook Help (google.com)

and

Add Printer Manually:

If your printer doesn’t appear under "Available printers to save," you can also add your printer manually.

Important: If you're using a Chromebook at work or school, and you're not able to add a new printer, contact your administrator.

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings .
  3. At the bottom, select Advanced.
  4. Under "Printing," select Printers.
  5. Next to "Add printer," select Add printer .
  6. Enter your printer information:
    • Name: Enter any name.
    • Address: Enter your printer’s IP address.
    • Protocol: For most printers, the supported connection protocol is IPP.
    • Queue: For most printers, the queue is ipp/print.
  7. Select Add.

If your printer can't be set up automatically, you can continue to follow the on-screen steps for the advanced setup process

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your reply.

I tried many things, and found out that 9100 and 631 ports are closed on my printer - I have no idea why. Then, when I try to use 443 port, my computer asks me additional tweaks to make and I am unable to select printer name in the drop-down menu as my printer name is not listed... Then it requires PPD, which I have no clue how to grab. Please see attached screenshots.

There also is an option to choose Generic printer, but I don't know which type would be relevant to my printer.Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 21.07.04.pngScreenshot 2021-01-08 at 21.06.46.png

Announcements