cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need software for an inherited PIXMA mx860 just unboxed

Sd1
Apprentice

After years sitting in box finally have use for it so I put the cd in macpro said the software needed to be updated so I am now seeing there is no support for this product. I wanted to use it for eBay to print shipping labels. Does anyone know of a solution? Do I need the software? Is there a way to connect wirelessly straight to laptop or phone? Usually go to staples or FedEx if anyone has any tips solutions would be great. It's a nice printer preposterous to think just a waste and no way around. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer is 14 yrs old.  The last drivers for it were released in 2015.  (Windows 8.1)

These drivers might work with Windows 10, maybe 11, but they might also fail to install or run.  You'd have to try.  If you are using a MAC, no support is listed, but an older OS might have drivers which offer limited function. 

Canon Support for PIXMA MX860 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

VueScan is another option.  Check out hamrick software.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements