cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SELPHY CP1500 isn't working after the app update, anyone else with this problem solve it?

kjhayes
Apprentice

My Selphy app updated a few days ago and when I went to try to use it today it doesn't work at all. Just freezes the screen. I've tried restarting everything (phone, printer, etc), tried deleting the app and reuploading it, tried resetting the printer, nothing. It's basically unusable. I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem and was able to fix it or if there is something I'm missing about the upgrade? I have a Selphy 1500 and I use an Iphone that while it's aging, the specs say it should still work. thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, kjhayes!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your mobile device (i.e. Android or iOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a 12 pro max Iphone with iOS 17.6.1, and my Selphy is a 1500 model.

I also tried today to add the app to my brand new IPad Pro with iPadOS 17.6.1 and it also doesn't work there. From that app I was able to upload a firmware update to my printer but as soon as that was finished and I approved access to my photos the app stopped working just like it did on my phone.

Truthfully I have A LOT of photos. If this is crashing it though, then that seems like a big flaw for an app for printing photos!

kjhayes
Apprentice

So today I tried calling Canon and apparently I'm not alone, there are some bugs they are working to fix asap. Meanwhile the customer service person helped me learn how to print without using the app. So anyone else who stumbles on this, try printing directly from your photos instead of using the app. It works, although I'm sad to lose the fun layouts the app provided, I at least have my printer working again. I will also try getting the canon app (not just the selphy app) because he said that has some layout options. Thanks!

Announcements