cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA MG6620 won't prompt for a password

lrkuta
Contributor

My printer finds my lan id but it does not prompt me for the network password when I try to access my network.  I have searched this forum for the above title and found a solution to this problem which says to disable the 802.11r wifi property.  I tried to set the security to my lan adapter to none but it will not let me do that.  How do I get my Canon Printer Pixima MG6620 to prompt for the password for my network?

3 REPLIES 3

lrkuta
Contributor

I should have stated that I am running Windows 10 on a desktop.  I am switching internet providers and my printer will ask for the network password on the old network but not on the new one.  New provider is Tmobile.

dlf26
Contributor

After spending the better part of two days with T-Mobile technical support I was finally told the best thing to do is buy a router from Amazon for $38 and connect my printer (MG5420) through it using WPS. I'm not sure who is the most at fault, but I would venture to say we can't be the only ones having this problem. Both Canon and T-Mobile need to alert their support staff to this situation and educate them in ways to fix it.  

BassBonePhotog
Contributor

I'm blaming Canon. Not all routers have WPS. And Canon killing support shows how little it is devoted to customers.

Announcements