cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA MG2520 won't connect to my Chromebook.

epbailes
Apprentice

I've found this info on Chromebook help website:

If your printer can't be saved automatically, you can use the advanced setup process.

1. Next to the printer name, select Set up.
  2. In the box that appears, choose your printer manufacturer and model.
    Tip: To find this info, look at the label on your printer.
  3. Select Add.
  4. Check that your printer appears at the top, under "Saved printers."

If your printer doesn't appear in the manufacturer or model drop-down menus, Chromebook may not support your printer. You can try to use a "Generic" Postscript Printer Description (PPD) from the drop-down menus or you can specify your own PPD.

PostScript Printer Description

Chromebooks use PPD files to support printers. PPD files are different from printer drivers and tell your Chromebook how to support a specific printer model.

1. In the box that appears next to “Or specify your printer PPD,” select Browse.
  2. Choose your printer PPD, then select Open.
ImportantChromebooks support .ppd or .gzip file formats with a file size up to 250 KB.

Then Canon's help forum has this. 

To use your PIXMA MG2520 with your Chromebook, it must first be set up for use with a Windows or Mac computer using a USB cable.  To print from your Chromebook, after it is setup for use with a Windows or Mac computer, it must be set up as a Classic Printer on that computer. To do this, please follow the steps for connecting a Classic Printer from Google's web site:

I've found the driver, but it's not in ppd or gzip format. I'm admittedly weak in this area of technology. Would love a step by step. I've plugged the printed into my computer and the set up pop up is asking me to configure the printer. 

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements