cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx920 Wireless printing problem

slashmon1
Apprentice

I have just bought an mx920, beautiful printer I may point out, it worked well for the first two days but I cannot print as of today, I connect to the printer wirelessly and all my computers are Macs.

The printer is connected to the network properly and my computer shows that it has an active connectiong, but when I click print the printer goes to "in use" and then goes offline, and the Print Que says "Printer not connected" 

I've tried connecting the printer to the network again, and I have restarted the printer along with my computers but it still wont work. 

Please help 

159 REPLIES 159

Have you tried the firmware update?  It solved 90% of my problems.  If I use the printer or scanner daily, I seem to no longer lose the connection.  I did have to reboot the printer yesterday, but that is far better than how it had been.

Will you please give me the phone number and/or website that you contacted?  I am fed up with this printer!

Hi, Koenning!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more about how your printer isn't working.  Which Canon printer model do you have?  And in what specific way(s) is it not working?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I have the MX920 wireless printer (see subject above).  Every time I try to print, I have turn the machine off and then turn it back on.  This defeats the whole purpose of having a "wireless" printer.  This is by far the worst printer that I have ever had.  It was a complete waste of money purchasing this machine!

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue.  I have to power cycle the printer every time I wait more than a few hours between printings

I'm having the same problem. If your resolution is not at the forum, would you please explain how you resolved?

The only solution that I found from the internet is this

[Link removed per forum guidelines]

@tm1900 wrote:

THIS IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE FOR ME - RESOLVED AS OF 11/5/13

---------------

I have the same exact issue as described by Jim. Has Canon provided a solution/fix for this? If not, I'll just return the printer via Amazon, it's just not worth my time and the hassle.

Thanks!

My mx920 keeps dropping the wifi signal aswell. I have the 2.0 firmware update and it still drops with my mac. I have to restart the printer every day.

May I suggest this, next time when any of our MX922s go off line we print out the LAN settings BEFORE powering down the computer or network.  This will give Canon more information to work with.  I have been working with one of their higher tier support members and every time there was an issue we review the current settings.

Here are the steps, and again do this before resetting anything.

• Go to Menu
• Go to Set Up  (OK)
• Go to Device Settings  (OK)
• Go to LAN Settings (OK)
• Go to Confirm LAN Settings  (OK)
• Go to Print LAN Details  (OK)
Then print details

Every single time the printer went off line our network was working perfectly normal but the Wireless LAN Configuration had this…

• Connection                   Inactive
• Signal Strength             0%
• IPv4 IP Address            none
IPv4 Default Gateway    none

And all this after we manually made some setting corrections.

This is where it gets extremely odd, the printer went off line like usual over the weekend, I printed out the Network Configuration Page and was waiting until Tuesday (the day he asked for me to call back if anything happened again) to go over everything.  After the printer was off line for a couple of days my laptop's battery was very low and the computer went to standby.  After plugging it in, a few seconds later my last print job started from a few days ago.  Is this related or a coincidence?  It has left both of us scratching our heads and the printer has worked perfectly since then.

I know that I have been anti Canon Tech Support due to my previous experiences but the person I have been working with has been nothing but professional.  They know about this problem and I believe from our conversations they too want this resolved.

If you feel that the support person is not understanding your issue and concern ask to speak with someone at Desk 6.

Hope this update helps and the more Canon knows the better chance we can all get this issue resolved.
Announcements