cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac devices can't locate pixma mx922 printer even though all hardware is connected to wifi

macpixma922
Apprentice

Hi all,

I've gone through all the forum comments that go back to 2015 and I can't seem to find a solution to my issue and the canon website is abysmal in letting me get in contact with a rep.

My mac miniOS is Venture 13 and my printer is a pixma mx922 that we bought back in 2018.

There is no physical damage to the printer and it ONLY works when it's connected to a USB.

• I've gone through all the instructions of downloading all available drivers for my mac and updating the firmware on the printer;
  • I've disabled the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 settings on the printer;
  • I've turned everything on/off again for three minutes;
  • I've re-entered my wifi connection on the printer to be the same one I use on my mac.
  • My printer can't even locate the MAC address I want to connect to my mac mini to.

Below are all the errors I get and the Canon Utilities folder of downloaded apps.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 11.24.02 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 11.24.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 11.25.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 11.28.58 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Do  you have another device like a smart phone you can use as a test to see if the printer can be detected? If you have an Android or iOS smart phone/tablet you can install our free Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app. 

So long as that device is on the same network the printer is connected to, it should be able to detect it. 

We look forward to your reply to see if another device can detect the printer. 

I downloaded the app for my iOS mobile and it can't detect the printer. I went through the instructions to add it, but from the menu of printers, my model (mx922) doesn't even show up.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

On your router:

What is the IP assigned to the printer?

What is the IP assigned to the MAC?

Can you ping the printer in terminal?

Does it's webserver appear in a browser if you input its IP address?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements