cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 Problems

ADMIN1
Apprentice

I am having problems with my printer a message continues to appear to say ink cartridges improperly install. I have removed and replace ink cartridges several times still message appear and unable to print.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Not saying you necessarily have these issues, but things that can trigger an error message like that are 1. cartridges in incorrect location and 2. incomplete removal of protective film.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have tried the solution that you suggest. now it gives a message saying out of ink. thanks for the support.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ADMIN1,

If you are getting an ink tank recognition error, you can try removing the inks from the printer and then turning the printer off and back on. When the printer is back on and the ink carriage has moved to the ink changing position, you can reload the tanks into the printer.

If that does not resolve your issue, I will need some additional information to assist further. If you can reply to this message with the information below.

1. What does it show for the model number for the black and color ink tank.? If possible, include a picture of the tanks.
  2. What is the error code number that shows up with the ink error?
  3. Do you get the same error when you load your old ink tanks into the printer?
Announcements