cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP drivers/IJ scan utility will not load in windows 11.

fulmerfamily4
Apprentice

I had to remove and reinstall my MX922 on all the the windows 11 pcs on my home network after some network problems.  After doing so, the printer shows up but I can't get the scanner drivers to install.  I have removed and reinstalled the MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows) several times.  I also found topics here where it says to remove the printer then uninstall the driver.  The problem is that the drivers don't show up in my apps list like the topics say they should so that I can remove them.  All of the pcs are acting the same way.  Have even tried running the installation software as administrator and nothing works.  The scanner on each pc was originally loaded when they were running windows 10.  I need to get my scanner working on at least one pc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fulmerfamily4
Apprentice

Finally figured it out.  The mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe file was not extracting.  I opened and extracted it manually with 7zip.  Then I ran the setup64.exe in the DrvSetup folder and the setup.exe from the SCNUTIL/ScanUtility folder.  It all seems to work now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Just to confirm, when you reinstalled the printer/scanner driver, were you installing the MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01?

We look forward to your reply. 

fulmerfamily4
Apprentice

Yes, the version off the web site, mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe.  The small installer window comes up, runs through a completion bar and then disappears.  None of the IJ programs install.

fulmerfamily4
Apprentice

Finally figured it out.  The mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe file was not extracting.  I opened and extracted it manually with 7zip.  Then I ran the setup64.exe in the DrvSetup folder and the setup.exe from the SCNUTIL/ScanUtility folder.  It all seems to work now.

Announcements