cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6821 Wireless Connection

jrharper21
Apprentice

I was given a Canon MG6821 printer that I want to connect as wireless. There is an ink cartridge that needs to be replaced before I can access the set-up screen. Is there a way to set-up the printer without replacing the cartridge first?  The screen on the printer will not allow me past the replace ink cartridge screen.  Asking because I don't want to replace the cartridge, and for some reason find out that I cannot connect the printer as wireless.  My computer is a desktop Mac purchased in January 2022.  

2 REPLIES 2

bradthetechnut
Enthusiast

No override that I know of.  If you have software CD or download software, wifi setup should be a breeze.  I've been there with a Canon that wouldn't allow anything without replacing ink cartridge first.

My current Canon is setup USB with PC and wifi with phone.  Using the Canon print app, I didn't even have to go back to the software to set up wifi.

There I go thinking of a new printer.  There may be a caveat if it remembers previous wifi settings, like the WiFi password for one.  But there are those in this forum that can help you thru that if it comes to that.

Announcements