cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5720 Won't Scan

hj-hawk
Apprentice

My MG5720 won't scan while wirelessly networked to my Mac running version 10.7.5.  When I attempt to scan from my Mac or the MG5720 control panel, I get the following error message…

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
- Scanner is turned off.
- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.
- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
- Network connection is prohibited by security software.
- Different scanner on the network is selected.

Please check and try again.

This is very odd since it prints just fine wirelessly and it generates the error on my computer after initiating a scan from the MG5720 control panel.  Obviously it is communicating with my Mac.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi hj-hawk,

Please make sure that your PIXMA MG5720 is selected correctly in the IJ Scan Utility.  Please follow these steps:

1.  From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Scan Utility folder, and then Canon IJ Scan Utility2 icon to start IJ Scan Utility.

2.  Next to Product Name, please make sure that the PIXMA MG57200 series Network is selected.

3.  Click the Auto button.

Are you able to scan?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements