cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3600 says it successfully sets up wireless connectivity, but then errors

rkb123
Contributor

I go through the setup process, the software finds the printer on the network, I go through the whole install process up to and including installing the optional software and then I get the attached/below error:

Canon setup error.jpg

Help?

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please tell us more about the wireless network your printer is connecting to?  Also the brand and model of your router, etc?

What happens if you press the re-detect button at this final step?

The printer only has a 2.4Ghz radio, so it must connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast

Is it possible there is anti-virus or some kind of firewall software which is keeping the connectiion from completing?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have an Asus AC3100 w/ both a 2.4GHz and 5GHz network.  I have it connecting to the 2.4GHz network.

If I click Redetect, it never finds it again.  I have to factory reset the printer, uninstall all the software from my PC and start all over.

I have all anti-virus and firewall disabled.

Hi, rkb123.

When the computer reports that the printer is having trouble connecting, try switching your computer to the 2.4 GHz connection.  5G routers commonly will keep communications from 2.4 GHz separate from 5G, to maintain the faster 5G speeds.

Also, for Windows, if you need to reconnect the printer (such as after replacing a router), run the driver installation from Canon; using the Add Printer option may cause the printer to be registered using the preinstalled WSD Drivers which may lose connection to the printer when it enters standby mode.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Both the printer and my laptop are on the 2.4GHz network.

I'm using the Canon driver installation, not the "Add Printer" option.  I think I may have mentioned that before.

No, it did not answer my question.

Hi rkb123,

Your router has a WPS button on the back.  You can use this to connect your PIXMA MG3620 to your wireless network.

Please follow the steps in this article to perform this setup:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164109

If it fails, the WPS button may not be enabled.  To enable this, please refer to your router's manual, starting on page 57.

If you do not have the manual, I've included a link to it here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3100/E10546_RT_AC3100_Manual.pdf

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've tried that too.  I can see it as one of the connected devices on my router, but the setup still fails to see the device.

Hi rkb123,

Please have at least 2 sheets of paper in your printer and then follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MG3620 on.

2.  Hold down the Wi-Fi button on your PIXMA MG3620 until the power light blinks, then let go of the button.

3.  Press the Wi-Fi button 1 time.

2 pages will print.

Is the SSID that is listed on the first page that printed the name of the network that your computer is connected to?

Please find the line starting with "TCP/IPv4".  On the line below that is IP Address.  What IP Address is listed to the right?

Yes, the SSID listed as the same one: casa_brownanen

The IP Address is: 192.168.1.84 (incidentally, when I log into my router, and view the list of active clients, the printer is listed at that IP address.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

During the installation, instead of using the automatic search for the printer, try specifying the IP address (192.168.1.84) instead to see if the setup detects the printer.

If the setup still fails to find the printer, temporarily disable any firewall/antivirus/antispyware programs to see if this will allow the setup to detect the printer.  Also, if any VPN software is in use on the computer, you will need to disconnect from the VPN in order for the setup to detect the printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements