cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFC753 / MFC750C series connection

HectorJessica
Apprentice

Hello, I am having an issue with this printer staying connected to my laptop and desktop. After I use it once and it goes on sleep mode, it automatically changes the IP Address and it appears on my computer as "Idel" but for some reason I can not print and have to continuously remove it and re-add it to my devices. That's if I'm lucky it pops back up. 

What can I do to avoid this frustrating reoccurring issue? 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

After making a successful connection, log into your router and reserve or assign a static IP to the printer. This way it will get the same address when it goes to sleep, gets turned off, isn't used for and extended period, and then wakes up or is turned on again.  This only needs to be done once. 

Then delete and re-add it as a IP printer on your PC or MAC.  This is a reliable method for ensuring persistent devices on your network can always be reached.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements