cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF3010: need scanning software / utility

Paul1234
Contributor

Need scanner software for MF3010 printer, for Windows 10. I downloaded MF3010MFDriverV3901WPusEN.exe file (68 MB) but it only installs drivers and NO scanner utility. In "Start", "Canon" menu I see three links to "readme" files (MF Drivers Readme, ScanGear Readme, UFRII LT Readme) and nothing else. In Control Panel, Uninstall Program, there is only "Canon MF3010" installed. I uninstalled all Canon drivers via removing MF3010 printer first from "System" and then uninstalling "Canon MF3010" in Control Panel, rebooted, then used MF3010MFDriverV3901WPusEN.exe again but result is still the same: no scanner utility. MF3010MFDriverV3901WPusEN only installs drivers

11 REPLIES 11

Kristoff
Rising Star

Thanks for joining the conversation, Paul1234!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 10 x64 bit

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Try this one, It includes ScanGear for windows 10:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwMzY2MTA1&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Do you know which directory of this archive that you are referring to contains the ScanGear that you mentioned?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

It looks like its the same installer you tried earlier.  

Did you connect the device before installing the drivers?  The release notes state to do it after if using USB.

How to Download and Install

Driver Version : UFR II Printer Driver - V20.95, ScanGear - V11.3

*Precaution When Using a USB Connection
Disconnect the USB cable that connects the device and computer before installing the driver.
Connect the USB cable after installing the driver.

Drivers and applications are compressed.
Download the file.

* When clicking [Run] on the file download screen (file is not saved to disk)
1. If the User Account Control prompt is displayed, click [Yes], and then click [Run] on the subsequent Security Alert screen.
2. The Setup Wizard will start.
3. After the Setup Wizard has started, follow the instructions on the screen to perform installation.

* When clicking [Save] on the file download screen (file is saved to disk at specified location)
1. Save the file to an apporopriate location, and then double-click the file (double-clicking the file will create a new folder in the same location).
2. If the User Account Control prompt is displayed, click [Yes].
3. The Setup Wizard will start.
4. After the Setup Wizard has started, follow the instructions on the screen to perform installation.

I see Scan.cab so believed the scanner software was included.  

shadowsports_0-1698719877318.png

shadowsports_1-1698719944397.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

1. As I wrote previously, twice, I performed installation as you described, but results are same: scanner application is not being installed, only drivers are installed. My printer was disconnected during installation. Printer was connected only after installation. This "connecting" and "disconnecting" has nothing to do with application installation, it only affects installation of drivers.

2. Note, that referred by you "scan.cab" archive is located in directory named "Driver". Does it give you a clue? In other words, "driver" is NOT "application".

Paul1234
Contributor

I thought that the problem was that my computer somehow blocks installation of Scanner utility (software). I tried another computer with Windows 10 x64 bits, but result was the same: no scanning software is installed.

Paul1234
Contributor

Does anyone know of email contact of tech support for Canon? They only have phone and "chat" support designed to keep customers on phone for long time (waste their time) and give no solution from Indian soul pacifiers. Any web form links for tech support? Looks like this company makes it most difficult for customers to get tech support.

Thanks for joining the conversation, Paul1234!  If you need live one-on-one support, the best way to get it is to call our US-based imageCLASS support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  They're open Monday through Friday from 9a to 8p ET (6a to 5p PT).

We look forward to your call!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements