cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with MF Toolbox on wireless MAC setup

PomonaMom
Apprentice

Hi, I am running Monterey 12.2.1 on iMac and just recently installed printer drivers for wireless connection going from a wired LAN. I cannot get MF Toolbox to detect the scanner on the ImageClass MF8580cdw.

I couldn't find any information on whether MF Toolbox supports wireless connection to the printer on a MAC. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might make this work?

Additionally, I can print wirelessly so I know the printer is recognized. However, I cannot scan from the printer directly since it doesn't see any connected computer!

Just frustrated! Please help if you have a solution... Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello PomonaMom,

If the MFtool box is unable to locate the scanner after switching the network connection, it will usually mean that you need to have the Mac search for the new Mac address for the scanner. On your Mac, you can go into applications and then open the Canon utilities folder. In the folder you should see a network scanner selector. Once you open the scanner selector it should search for scanners on the network and you can put the dot next to the name of the scanner that was found. If you are unable to locate the selector or if it does not find any connections to use, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements