cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF644CDW - Waiting to print document wirelessly

amira
Apprentice

When I send my document wirelessly to print, it permanently says "Waiting [document name]..." and never prints. 
What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

It is a Windows 11 connected through Wifi.
The printer is connected (wirelessly) but it is not printing from my computer due to this glitch.

@Amira,

Unfortunately, still not enough info.  Its connected wirelessly and is "still not printing when I press print" doesn't tell us much.  

IP of your computer is?

Get this from your network settings or ipconfig

IP of the printer is?

Check the printer's network settings or look at the list of attached devices on your router

Can you log into the printer's webserver from a browser?

Open a browser Chrome, Edge, Firefox and enter the printer's IP address, does its webserver display? 

What drivers did you install?

Canon Support for Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.  

Have you tried printing from more than one application?

Try MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, Web browser, notepad?

Have you tried printing more than one document type?

.docx, .pdf, .txt..  do any document types print?

The more information you provide the less back and forth (us asking questions) there will be.

Thanks 😀  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please answer Stephen's questions and provide as much information about your issue as possible.  It sounds like the problem is related to your connection to the device or a spooling issue.  It might also help if you tell us more about your network, brand a model of your router and how its configured.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements