cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF230 printer not showing up in add printer list on macOS Catalina

kwailau
Apprentice

I have a few Apple Mac computers running Catalina 10.15.7 and I am experiencing periodic issues where print jobs fail to connect to the printer.  The printer is the ImageClass MF230.

I went into the System Preferences>Printer & Scanners and removed the printer.  While trying to add it back, I realized that I cannot.  It does not show up on the list.

The printer is connected to WiFi and I do see it on my mobile devices via AirPrint.  My Windows computer sees it too. Not sure why my 2 Macs are having issues printing.

Any clues to how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

KL

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kwailau,

If your Windows computer and your phones can use the printer, it will mean the printer is on the network but there is a problem on the Macs viewing the connection. In this situation, I would suggest starting by unplugging the router that is connecting all the devices for about 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try adding the printer from the Mac again to see if it can see the printer in the add printer window.

If the printer is still not visible to the Mac, you can check the ip address on the printer using the steps provided in the link HERE. Once you have the ip address, you can open a web page on the Mac and you can clear out the address bar. In the address bar, you can type in your ip address to see if you can access the web UI for the printer. If you can't get to the web UI it would mean the mac is unable to get to the address of the printer. In that situation, you can check the Mac's network settings to make sure it is on the same network as the WIndows computer and the phone.

If you are on the same network as the Windows computer and you can't view the printer's web UI, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with checking what might be causing the issue with the network communication.

Announcements