cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF212 wont print wireless from Windows 7

bus933s
Apprentice

I bought a 212 and it was auto recognized on the network. I ran the install disk on a local Windows XP attached by USB. Prints fine. My Windows 8.1 laptop found the 212 wireless and installed the drivers itself. Prints fine wirelessly. My Samsung galaxy s5 prints wirelessly fine. But my Windows 7 laptop wont. It sees the printer, but won't install drivers. It does add the printer nad can be viewd under Devices and Printers, but is missing most of the information (like description, model #, etc). I downloaded the drivers for Win 7 64bit from Canon Support and went through the install wizard, choosing "have disk", and located and installed each .inf driver. It still will not print wirelessly. I plugged the laptop in by USB and it prints fine.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi bus933s.

I will be able to assist you.

It is recommended that the drivers be installed using the MF Driver Setup program.  Please follow the instructions below to install the printer over the network:

The file that you download from the Canon website is a .ZIP file. When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder. Please disconnect the printer from the computer and follow the instructions below to install the printer:

1. Open your [Downloads] (or [Documents]) folder.

2. You will see two icons with the name: MF210_Series_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN. Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

3. Double-click on DRIVERS to open the folder.

4. Double-click on us_eng to open the folder.

5. Double-click on x64 to open the folder.

6. In the folder you will see two listings for Setup. Double-click on the Setup that has the type as [Application].

7. The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open. Select "Network Connection", and then proceed through the steps and restart the computer.

8. After restarting the computer, print a document.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should the issue persist, we recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Still not sure what/why, but think the company issued laptop had some sort of group policy on it. Anyway, had added google cloud print for my daughters chromebook anyway, so just added my email address to that list then printer was recognized on the network through add devices on the laptop. I do not understant why this worked. If anyone knows I'd sleep better 🙂 But its printing now.

Announcements