cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I attached my MG3120 to another network and now that I moved I want to attach it to my home network.

mitch3734
Apprentice

I installed the Cd on my new computer, but the network name keeps coming up as the old one. It does not allow me to change. Is there a way of "blanking out " the printer memory and starting the process all over so that I can use the 'wireless' feature of the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi mitch3734!

We should be able to reconfigure your network using some steps run on the computer.  I have listed both connection methods, USB and WPS.  WPS is a method to connect your printer to your router using the push of a WPS button on your router.  If you do not have a WPS enabled router, you will need to use the USB cable connection method.  Please perform the following to do this:

Screens are based on Windows 7 operating system Home Premium. Actual screens may differ depending on the OS version.

1. Press the ON button to turn off the machine.

Operating noise stops after about 30 seconds.

2. Insert the CD-ROM into the computer.

important:

If the USB cable is already connected, unplug it. If a message appears on the computer, click Cancel.

3. Click Run Msetup4.exe on the AutoPlay screen, then click Yes or Continue on the User Account Control dialog box.

If the User Account Control dialog box reappears in following steps, click Yes or Continue.

reference:

If the CD-ROM does not autorun:

Double-click (My) Computer > CDROM icon > MSETUP4.EXE.

4. Click Change Connection Method.

5. Click Wireless Connection.

Follow the instruction and go to step 6.

reference:

If an error message is displayed, see "Troubleshooting" at the right.

- WPS connection:

Click WPS.

- USB connection:

Click Wireless Setup Using the USB cable.

7. Follow the instruction until the screen below is displayed.

Network connection setting is complete.

Click "Next", then wait until the next screen appears.

Install the Software (Information)

Let's perform the software installation.

1. Click Next.

Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed with the software installation.

2. When the Setup Completion dialog box appears, click Complete.

3. Click Next.

4. Click Exit to complete the installation.

Remove the Setup CD-ROM and keep it in a safe place.

5. Solution Menu EX starts.

The end of the procedure of the wireless LAN setup.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello mitch3734.

Please perform the following to reset the LAN settings on the printer:

1.  Press the 'Maintenance' button on the printer repeatedly until the upside down 'F' appears on the LED display.

2.  Press the Black Start button.

Once this has been done, the settings will be cleared. 

Next, insert the CD into your computer an attempt to reinstall the unit again.  If any errors appear, please document them exactly as they show on your computer screen.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I assume the 'maintenance' key is the '+' key. Also only a regular 'F' appears after all the numbers, not an 'upsidedown F'. I am somewhat confused. I will try it and see what happens.

Thanks

I found the proper 'F'. Pressed the start key to turn off unit. Started reinstall of CD. Got the old 'access point' & NO access points were detected.

Hi mitch3734!

We should be able to reconfigure your network using some steps run on the computer.  I have listed both connection methods, USB and WPS.  WPS is a method to connect your printer to your router using the push of a WPS button on your router.  If you do not have a WPS enabled router, you will need to use the USB cable connection method.  Please perform the following to do this:

Screens are based on Windows 7 operating system Home Premium. Actual screens may differ depending on the OS version.

1. Press the ON button to turn off the machine.

Operating noise stops after about 30 seconds.

2. Insert the CD-ROM into the computer.

important:

If the USB cable is already connected, unplug it. If a message appears on the computer, click Cancel.

3. Click Run Msetup4.exe on the AutoPlay screen, then click Yes or Continue on the User Account Control dialog box.

If the User Account Control dialog box reappears in following steps, click Yes or Continue.

reference:

If the CD-ROM does not autorun:

Double-click (My) Computer > CDROM icon > MSETUP4.EXE.

4. Click Change Connection Method.

5. Click Wireless Connection.

Follow the instruction and go to step 6.

reference:

If an error message is displayed, see "Troubleshooting" at the right.

- WPS connection:

Click WPS.

- USB connection:

Click Wireless Setup Using the USB cable.

7. Follow the instruction until the screen below is displayed.

Network connection setting is complete.

Click "Next", then wait until the next screen appears.

Install the Software (Information)

Let's perform the software installation.

1. Click Next.

Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed with the software installation.

2. When the Setup Completion dialog box appears, click Complete.

3. Click Next.

4. Click Exit to complete the installation.

Remove the Setup CD-ROM and keep it in a safe place.

5. Solution Menu EX starts.

The end of the procedure of the wireless LAN setup.

I finally did it! Your help, plus the downloaded manual AND the illusive button onthe back of my netgear router which 'turned on' the wifi!!!!! I always thought it was always on.

Thanks for your help. The printer now works fine in the wifi mode.

Hello,

I have same problem but only thing is I don't have any setup cd. So I downloaded the driver from web site(https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...) but can't finding on my hard drive.

I have Macbook pro 2011 (MacOs High Sierra) and Canon printer Pixma MG3120. I moved new house and I don't know how can I use it with wifi?!

TIA!

Announcements