cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close ScanGear!

QBLady1976
Apprentice

I was having problems printing with my ImageClass MF4890dw printer, so I uninstalled it from my Windows 11 settings and downloaded the appropriate drivers from Canon's website.

When I tried to reinstall it, the installation begins to start but then I get this message,
"ScanGear is currently opened. Close the ScanGear window and run the setup again.  If you do not have ScanGear open, it may be opened by other users on this system. Close all ScanGear windows and then try again."

I have closed anything and everything that I can see that maybe causing this an still I get this message everytime I try to reinstall my printer....

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Note that I currently don't use any Windows computers, but remember dealing with similar situations in the past.

First thing to try is a reboot if you haven't already.  That should stop any rogue processes that may have ScanGear open.

Beyond that, you may have to see if there are any Windows services that are running.  Check for any service with "Canon" or "ScanGear" in its name, then stop those services.    After installation of the software, restart the services you stopped.  Or, reboot (which should restart them).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You can also terminate any program or process using Task Manager.  Just right-click on a section of the task bar where there are no icons and select Task Manager from the context menu.

shadowsports_0-1685983999887.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements