cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP connecting to my laptop

anglit11
Apprentice

I just bought a PIXMA MG2522 and I can not get it to connect wirelessly to my laptop. It came with a disk but I do not have a disk drive. How do I connect it??

4 REPLIES 4

minourat
Contributor

I will describe what I did for Canon MG7720.

I assume that Wi-Fi is supported by your router or desktop computer.

First, you must make Wi-Fi connection work by taking the following steps:
When the home page is displayed in the printer console, swipe the screen left and open Setup.
Then select the options as follows:
Device Settings > LAN Settings > Wireless LAN setup > Standard setup  >
select the SSID of  the wireless service  > provide the password for the selected Wi-Fi service.

Standard setup is when a router is used for Wi-Fi service. If a computer is used, select Direct setup.

Entering a password may be difficult because of the small printer console.
I made sure that the password is correct by connecting to the selected Wi-Fi network by a cell phone.

Then do the following:
Setup > Device Settings > LAN Settings > Confirm LAN Settings > Print LAN Details.
The IP address of Web server embedded in the printer can be found in the printed page as 10.0.0.xxx

If Wi-Fi is setup, connection by the USB cable is not needed.

Type 10.0.0.xxx  in the URL box of a Web browser.
The home page displayed only the ink levels.
Click Manual (Online) to see the online manual.

If you press "Log on", you must enter the administrator password
which is the serial number of the printer. You can find it on the white label attached to the printer.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MG2522 doesn't have wireless capability.  Its USB only.

Start here:

Support | MG Series | PIXMA MG2522 | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

What gave you the idea this is a network  printer? It is not. USB only.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MG2522 is not a wireless printer. You will need to connect it via a printer usb cord. If you have a printer usb cord, please click HERE to open the support page for your printer. Select the drivers and download tab and then download/install the MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.02. 

During the install, you will be asked to connect the printer usb cord and then the installer will load the driver and scanning software. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements