cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Print Studio Pro is NOT Showing up on Adobe Photoshop 22 ( FIXED!- updated 2/11/2022)

iRay808
Apprentice

I've been trying to run print studio pro on my mac computer and am currently running Monterey. Not sure what it is, but I am unable to launch PSP through Adobe Photshop 2022. It simply doesn't show up on FILE > AUTOMATE when trying to print from Photoshop. I had it running on an old mac that had Photoshop 2021 with no issues, but since upgraded to a new computer and to the new photoshop 2022, it isn't showing up at all. Any ideas of what i can do to solve this issue? Also, I'm using a PRO-1000 printer.

UPDATE: ITS FIXED!

For those struggling to find answers with this problem on their M1 Apple, Simply follow the steps below. A huge thanks to Robnich for helping me solve this problem!

1. Go to Applications Folder

2. Select Adobe Photoshop Folder

3. Right Click on Adobe Photoshop 2022 App 

4. Select 'Get Info'

5. Check the box next to 'Open using Rosetta'

6.  RESTART Adobe Photoshop 2022

7. Print Studio Pro should now show up in the Automate Menu for printing!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi John -

It turns out that in the Get Info of Photoshop 22 there is a check-box option to open Photoshop in Rosetta. I checked the option and indeed, after a delay during which Rosetta was installed, Photoshop opened and lo & behold Print Studio Pro does appear under automate, along with a PSP Layout Plug-in. After the layout plug-in is opened and the settings saved, then PSP will open normally. That's the good news. The bad news is that the Canon printer profiles do not show up, even with the latest Canon Pro-100 driver (non-Air Print.) This is the case in Mac Photoshop with or without PSP. It is possible to print with Printer Manages Color. Luckily for me, I print my photos from my Windows 10 Dell desktop and not from my MacBook Air and all the profiles are available, allowing me to use Photoshop Manages Color.

Robert N.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you have a Pro-1000 try using Professional Print & Layout. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

robnich
Enthusiast

Although I do not regularly use Print Studio Pro, as I don't feel it adds to what I can do with Photoshop 2022 alone and the Pro-100 driver, I was successful in loading the plug-in on my Windows 10 computer and it functions normally.

However, on my new MacBook Air M1 with MacOS 12.2 (Monterey), even though I downloaded and manually loaded the most recent PSP correctly into the Photoshop 2022 Plug-ins folder, I also found that it does not appear in the Automate menu and is not shown in "About Plug-ins..." despite several efforts. I really have no explanation for this.

Robert N.

I don't have an M1 Mac, so I can't verify, but I read in an online post that running Photoshop in Rosetta rather than native M1 corrects problems.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the information, John. I don't have any Intel-based applications on my M1 Mac, and therefore have not been "invited" to have Rosetta installed. It can be loaded through Terminal, but I am reluctant to fiddle with my up-to-now perfect M1 Macbook Air, especially since I don't really use PSP and was just curious about the OP's posted problem.

BTW, one of the many oddities in this Forum since the "upgrade" is that my post and your response did  not place this thread higher in the list of posts, which supposedly listed by Most Recent at the top. Also, it doesn't seem possible to click directly on the most recent post within a thread.

Robert N.

I have noticed the same thing with posts. Even though I have selected newest first it doesn’t seem to display that way. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John -

It turns out that in the Get Info of Photoshop 22 there is a check-box option to open Photoshop in Rosetta. I checked the option and indeed, after a delay during which Rosetta was installed, Photoshop opened and lo & behold Print Studio Pro does appear under automate, along with a PSP Layout Plug-in. After the layout plug-in is opened and the settings saved, then PSP will open normally. That's the good news. The bad news is that the Canon printer profiles do not show up, even with the latest Canon Pro-100 driver (non-Air Print.) This is the case in Mac Photoshop with or without PSP. It is possible to print with Printer Manages Color. Luckily for me, I print my photos from my Windows 10 Dell desktop and not from my MacBook Air and all the profiles are available, allowing me to use Photoshop Manages Color.

Robert N.

Thank you so much! Right clicking on Adobe Photoshop and checking the box where it says 'Open Photoshop in Rosetta' worked! I can now see Print Studio Pro in the Automate menu!

Hmmm, there's no reference to Rosetta in any info pane or in the options for opening PS using Intel in CC admin. 

What version of Mac are you using?  M1 or Intel processor?

Hi Robnich,

I have Windows 11 and I am unable to find the Canon Print Pro in my Photoshop 2022. Can you help me with that? Thank you!

Announcements