cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Wifi network TS5160 - Edit passphrase

TrishaQ
Apprentice

I recently updated my internet modem and wireless modem with Optus. My wireless TS5160 printer has not worked since.  I went through the process to connect it to the new wireless modem.  The printer could see a number of networks.  I selected my new network. An option came up for me to enter the passphrase.  I entered it.  I then attempted to connect but the connection failed.  It seems I may have entered the passphrase incorrectly.  I cannot get back to a place where I can correct it.  It can see the network, but the connection fails. A message comes up advising me to 1. Check the network is correct or 2. Check the passphrase is correct. The network is correct.  It does not allow me the option of updating the passphrase.  This is most frustrating.  I have looked at ways to make the printer forget the network so I can start again but cannot find a way.  I cannot find a way to reset the printer to factory settings.  Help!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I couldn't find your printer on the Canon USA website.  The TS5160 appears to a device intended for sale in Australia.  

Maybe this will help:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS5100%20series/EN/NTR/ntr_n_01_06.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for helping Rick. I followed this process and on the first attempt it allowed me to enter a passphrase. I did this but may have entered it incorrectly as connecting fails but now it will not allow me to edit it. I have tried using my phone as suggested in the manual but it seems to need both the phone and printer to be connected to the network.  Well, that is what I am trying to achieve. Thanks again for trying to help. 

Announcements